Monday, August 19, 2013

It Couldn't Be!

Hi, Hello, Howdy, Good Day,

Well, I can't believe it's been over two months since I wrote anything. This is an amazing fact that I didn't have anything to say. Just ask my family, they will tell you I have an opinion about most things.

I've had a lot of computer problems and finally bought a new one, then they replaced the old one. Two years old! Old???? I told a store clerk it seems about every two years I'm buying a new computer. He told me I wasn't the only one. Soooo, that tells me, computers are becoming throw a ways too.

Anyway, I wanted to share some updated pictures of the schools and their progress on construction this summer.

So here we go.................................






The front of Will Rogers, facing Smith Street

Looks like a new roof and new entry ways
are being added












Same building, just a closer view






Now onto the middle school, which was the high school in the 1960's and 70's










Ewing Halsell Middle School

New roof and new entrances on the west side on Miller Street








Still the Middle School, but it got a new roof and
new entryways on Miller Street.














Still the Middle School.
This is the entrance at the north end of the building that
faces Miller Street.








You're now looking at the new building at Hall Halsell
The original old building was torn down and this
one was built to take it's place. This one is connected
to the building that existed.
This view is the front that faces Clyde Street








This is where the portico used to extend from the east side
entrance(on the right). The doors directly in front here are
the cafeteria doors. Or rather, they used to be. I'm pretty certain
they still go to the cafeteria. This is the horseshoe drive that has
been used for years.








This is a closeup view of the main front entrance on Clyde Street









This is still under construction. The west side of Hall Halsell on Miller Street









This is Vinita City Hall
The view is the west side of the building that faces Wilson Street.
It's getting a new paint job. This is the main color.
They are using about 4 different colors.










This is the front of City Hall that faces Illinois Street.
The paint job is just beginning, so we'll have to wait and
see the finished product.



I'm excited about the new paint on City Hall. It's been all one color for so many years, it will
be exciting to see it finished. I'll post a picture when it's finished.


So, you're up to date on the improvements in town, so ...................

Until Later,
Okie Girl @ Home

1 comment:

  1. Linda, thank you so much for posting these pictures. It is exciting to see all the improvements. It means a lot to me to see all the progress. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete