Friday, November 23, 2012

Will You Please Ad-Match That Item?

Friends, Romans, and Shoppers,

I hope you found all the bargains you needed. Tool man and I joined in the madness last night, but just to be runners and grabbers for our female child.

Ohhhh, the exhilaration we experienced, ohhhh the shoving, pushing, dodging, darting and did I mention long lines?

Female child found some bargains, but! Did you know that Oklahoma has an old law on the books from 1949 that says a retailer cannot sell below cost? I didn't either until yesterday. It's called the Unfair Sales Act.

My daughter began comparing the paper ads yesterday with the ones she had seen where she lives(out of state). She took great umbrage with the fact that some of the prices were double or more in Oklahoma, and some were close to the same, or a dollar or two different.

Man, oh man, did we have fun at the checkout.





Walmart Thursday Black Friday 


What a deal!!!!  $1.48 in Wal-Mart stores outside of Oklahoma
In Oklahoma's ad, $2.47, but the store did an ad-match.
Yea Wal-Mart!



There were several items that were higher in Oklahoma, so the checkout lines were kind of slow, but the deals were flowin.





Oh well, it's just one night a year
Thank goodness.






Let me see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
E is for   Empty
E is for Effort
E is for "Somebody lost their E?













Get ready, set, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!












Now this would be fun!
Money, money, money







We looked for a cart big enough, but........




Oh well, it's almost over, so until next Thanksgiving, happy trails to you all on shopping.

My next blog will be about some political thoughts for Vinita, OK. I've discovered that the city council voted to change some lines in two of the wards, but then didn't change them. I also have discovered that my ward map is really outdated and the lines aren't simple.

Gonna try to talk to the Mayor or Director of Operations next week, then I'll write the story of what I found out and of course as always,   MY OPINION.


Until Later,
Okie Girl @ Home













No comments:

Post a Comment