Friday, November 9, 2012

It's The Little Things That Count

It's Friday! I hope all you folks have a good weekend. Since the election I've been down. I have this overwhelming sense of dread hanging over me and I can't seem to shake it.

I was out watching sunsets the other day, so I'm going to share them. The colors are just mahvelous darling.







This is from my backyard, thus the guy wires holding
Kamo Electric's tower in place. Sorrry.






Does that background look Biblical or what?










Man oh man, that looks like fire, but it's the sun setting.
I did blur the photo. It's really a good thing I don't
have to make a living in photography. Whew!

These were all taken on the same night. Amazing to me how the skyline changes so quickly. Okay, on to a different subject.


We traveled yesterday to our daughter's in Arkansas and back all in the same afternoon, well it went into the night. We left about 1:00 or 1:30 in the afternoon and got home around 10:00 last night. These two old folks were feeling the burn when we pulled in the driveway. Miley loves to go bye-bye, but today when we asked her if she wanted to go bye-bye, she ran down the hallway to the bedroom and hid under her pillow on the bedroom floor.

We stayed busy today re-arranging the living room furniture. We ordered some new chairs and I just needed a fresh look, but my living room is one of those that doesn't lend itself to change. Here's a picture. I think it turned out pretty good.













You can see we watch "The Cosby's". 
I see already the area rug is off center. Will pull it over tomorrow. 
Toooooo tired tonight.









This is my pride and joy

My Granny's rocker. I pulled it out of the corner so
it can be used. That's what she would want.
Makes me feel close to her when I sit in it and rock.
I remember her balancing a pot full of potatoes on her
belly as she sat in this chair and peeled them.


Good memories to replace my anxiety over the state of our country. Goodnight and God Bless.


Until Later,
Okie Girl @ Home

No comments:

Post a Comment